To celebrate the 30th anniversary of ASEAN-China Dialogue Relations
The Second ASEAN-China “Friendship and Cooperation” Short Video Contest
About the Contest
The year 2021 marks the 30th anniversary of the establishment of dialogue relations between ASEAN and China. To overcome geographical barriers and inject new impetus into the development of relations between the two sides, the Second ASEAN-China “Friendship and Cooperation” Short Video Contest is being organized.
Video producers from ASEAN member states and China are invited to participate in the competition and submit short video productions on themes such as “Battling COVID-19”, “ASEAN-China Pragmatic Cooperation”, “Cultural and People-to-People Exchanges”, and “My Favorite City.”
An expert panel will be set up to review and evaluate the entries.
Entries should present ASEAN-China friendly cooperation on themes such as, but not limited to, the following:
1. Battling COVID-19
Stories of ASEAN-China cooperation in fighting and overcoming the pandemic, and how the peoples of both sides have supported each other in this battle.
2. Pragmatic Cooperation
Stories of ASEAN-China economic and trade cooperation and projects that would facilitate implementation of and enhance synergies between the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity and the Belt and Road Initiative.
3. Cultural and People-to-People Exchanges
Stories of ASEAN-China exchanges and cooperation in culture, education, sports and tourism.
4. My Favorite City (in China or any ASEAN member states)
Works about a city’s history, culture, and cuisine, in the context of ASEAN-China friendly cooperation.
Video producers (professional or amateur), social media anchors and vloggers from ASEAN member states and China could participate in the contest as individuals, teams or companies, and each could submit no more than three entries.
1. The format of the entries, such as documentary, interview, talk show and so on, is unlimited. Pornography, violence, content with religious and racial discrimination are prohibited, and product placement is not allowed.
2. Videos can be made in any language but, if made in a language other than English or Chinese, should be available with English or Chinese subtitles.
3. The running time of each video may be no longer than five (5) minutes. Video resolution should be 1,280 by 720 pixels. MPG, MPEG, AVI, MOV, WMV, and MP4 formats are acceptable. Landscape mode is recommended.
Participants may submit their entries from May 19 until August 31, 2021.
1. Your video(s) and relevant materials should be sent in the form of oversized attachments to ACvideocontest@qq.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. with the subject line: country-your name-entry’s title, along with your application form (this can be downloaded at the bottom of this page). You can also e-mail us the netdisk link and password of your short video work, preferably Baidu Netdisk in China, and Google Drive Netdisk in ASEAN countries.
2. Log on to miguvideo.com, click on the user profile to enter the personal center, click “G Ke” to upload your video and select the tag “ASEAN-China ‘Friendship and Cooperation’ Short Video Contest” to submit for review.
3. Upload your work onto Sina Weibo along with the keyword #30th Anniversary.
4. Download the “Snack Video” APP and submit your video along with the #FunUnlimit.
Selected entries will be featured in various platforms including, but not limited to, the following:
1. The award ceremony of the Second ASEAN-China “Friendship and Cooperation” Short Video Contest;
2. ASEAN-China related conferences in 2021;
3. Chinese and overseas internet and social media platforms run by the Mission of the People’s Republic of China to ASEAN, National Radio and Television Administration of China, China International Publishing Group and China Mobile Migu;
4. Chinese and overseas media partners;
5. High-traffic streaming and social media platforms in China and overseas, including TikTok, ixigua.com, Kuaishou, Sina Weibo, Facebook and Snack Video;
6. ASEAN-China TV Week.
One Gold Award: electronic award certificate + prize money of US$3,000
Two Silver Awards: electronic award certificate + prize money of US$2,000
Two Bronze Awards: electronic award certificate + prize money of US$1,000
Fifteen Outstanding Works: electronic award certificate + prize money of US$400
Thirty Shortlisted Works: electronic award certificate
Mission of the People’s Republic of China to ASEAN
Permanent Mission of the Republic of the Philippines to ASEAN
National Radio and Television Administration of China
China International Publishing Group
China Public Diplomacy Association
Municipal Government of Wuxi
China Report Press
Foreign Affairs Office of Wuxi Municipal Government
Migu Co., Ltd
With the support of
School of Government and Public Affairs, Communication University of China